Famous Dishes Of Northern Areas Pakistan
Famous Dishes Of Northern Areas Pakistan: Ever tried Pakistani cuisine? If so – you just might have come across some delicious famous dishes from Northern Areas that are full of amazing flavors and delicate aromas. The rich, complex taste of these dishes comes from their special ingredients and the blend of spicy herbs. If you want to take your dish knowledge up a notch, this list will arm you with everything you need to feast on some delectable flavors in the north!
List Of Appetizing Dishes In Northern Areas
- Mutton Kababs are another popular dish from Northern Pakistan. Mutton kababs are made with minced mutton that is mixed with spices and grilled on skewers over an open fire. They are often served with chutney or mint yogurt sauce.
- Pilaf is a rice dish that is commonly served as a main course in Northern Pakistan. It is made by cooking rice in broth, often with saffron, onions, and carrots. Pilaf can be made with various types of meat or vegetables, making it a versatile and tasty dish.
- Haleem is a very prominent dish in Pakistan, and it is originally from Hyderabad Deccan. It is made up of wheat, barley, meat (usually beef or mutton), and lentils, and it is cooked for seven to eight hours.
- Kashmiri Pulao is a rice dish that is cooked with meat (usually chicken or lamb), peas, carrots, and dry fruits. It is usually served with raita (yogurt dip).
- Nihari is a stew that contains slow-cooked beef or lamb Shank meat. Along with the meat, there are also various spices used such as ginger, cloves, cinnamon, aniseed, etc.
- Mango Chutney is sweet and tangy chutney made from ripe mangoes, sugar, vinegar, and spices. It is a popular condiment in Northern Areas of Pakistan and goes well with many dishes.
With Pakistan being a divided country, it’s understandable that different parts of the country would have their own favorite dishes. In this article, we’ve gathered some of the most famous dishes from Northern Areas in Pakistan, so you can get a good idea of what to expect when dining out in Northern Areas. we hope you’ll find something on our list that appeals to your taste buds!